Sunday 25 November 2012

ZOO NEGARA



On the 17th of August 2012 ,we went to the Zoo Negara as. We reached Zoo Negara at 7.30am, which I felt pretty early for a volunteer job. We were divided into different  work groups, Abirami and me were sent to the ape centre while my another friend was sent to bear protection centre. Both of Abirami and myself went to the Ape Centre, curiously thinking about the work that is waiting for us. Our first work was to sweep the dried leaves around the protection area. After a long hour of hard work, we were given a 10 minutes break to refresh ourselves. Right after that, me and my teammate were given task to cut fruits to feed the Apes. Fruits and vegetables like banana, guava and papaya, had to be cut into small pieces so that it could be easily eaten and digested by the Ape. This was a totally new experience for someone like me though, who practically do not have any kitchen background. Done with the fruit-cutting business, we were assigned to guide the zoo visitors. Our work was to ensure that the visitors do not litter around the protection area. Besides that, we also made sure that the visitors do not give their own food to the apes. Done being guide, Abirami and me headed to the sasi’s workplace which is the honey bear protection centre. I got the experience of my life time over there. We were given the  opportunity to feed  honey bear. After spending time with the honey bear, we wrapped up and headed back to our hostel.  I have fun and enjoyed myself  as volunteer of zoo Negara. 
cutting the food

feeding the honey bear
sweeping 













No comments:

Post a Comment